Parafed Auckland are incredibly excited to announce the organisations new CEO, Tom Smith, who will be starting his position in mid-August. An experienced manager & leader in sport Tom has acquired over 12 years of experience and knowledge in the disability sport sector, working nationally for The England Wales Cricket Board, Sport England and Special Olympics GB.
Tom said: ‘This is an amazing opportunity for me to be involved with disability Sport in New Zealand. Parafed Auckland is an exciting organisation and I’m looking forward to the challenge of how we grow and provide more opportunities for people with disabilities.’
Chairperson Grant Sharman had the pleasure of catching up with Tom at Lord’s Cricket Ground!
- 16 years working in sports and physical activity sectors, with a focus on disability sport
- Comprehensive experience developed across: Sport England, Governing Body, Local Government and Charity sectors
- Was disability Lead on Whole Sport Plans for 12 NGBs
- Responsible for National Strategy development for Disability & Youth Cricket
- Budgetary and business planning for national programmes
- Extensive project and programme management and delivery
- Has a strong understanding of Special Olympics through period working with the organisation and as a board member.
- National Growth Manager, Disabilities for England and Wales Cricket Board
- For 3 years as Senior Manager Disability with Sport England
- Spent 5 years working on Community Engagement for London 2012 Olympic and Paralympics
- Post London 2012 was with SOGB for 15 months as London Officer then National Partnership Manager
- Worked for a number of London boroughs in sport and health development