July School Holiday Programme
We think every child/youth with a physical disability should have the opportunity to take part in regular physical activity and sport. We're making the most of the school holidays to get people active! With a focus on Para athletics, these sessions will provide an introduction to our most inclusive sport before regular training commences in preparation for the Halberg Games in October.
Holiday Programme: CLM have kindly offered their great facility to use so we will be alternating between athletics, swimming and other games with some chill out time in between. Whilst the younger kids can make the most of the bouncy castle, our teens can explore the cross fit gym!
- Suitable for: 5 - 11 years, 12 - 18 years
- Cost: $15
Athletics Accelerator Programme: A fun introduction for those that are new to Para athletics, whilst also developing the skills of those who have had prior experience. Run faster, push harder, throw further and jump higher! All while making friends and having fun!
- Suitable for: 5 - 21 years
- Cost: $5
Fit & Fun: Come along and take part in group exercises all designed to get you moving and improve your fitness. Try out boxing, slam balls, relay races and many more!
- Suitable for: 10+ years
- Cost: Gold coin donation
Wilson Home Trust Holiday Programme: We’re delivering Para athletics sessions as a part of the Wilson Home Trust Holiday Programme. Other activities include: drumming, music therapy, hip hop and arts and crafts! To sign up for their programme go to:
- Suitable for: 5 - 20 years
- Cost: Free of charge
For those with physical or visual impairments and their whanau. Check out the age requirements for each programme above.
This is a sports programme, not day care. As such any assistance with personal cares will not be provided. Parents/carers are required to stay for the session to provide any assistance their child may need. Those who are independent may only be left after discussions with Parafed Auckland staff.
Choose what is most convenient for you! Happy to travel? Why not come along to a few sessions?
Rain or shine - we've got it covered so no worries there.
- Wed 11th July, 2.00pm - 3.30pm, Pulman Park, Papakura - Athletics Accelerator Programme
- Thurs 12th July, 10.30am - 5.00pm, CLM The Bays, St Johns - Holiday Programme (5 - 11 years)
- Fri 13th July, 10.30am - 5.00pm, CLM The Bays, St Johns - Holiday Programme (12 - 18 years)
- Mon 16th July, 6.30pm - 7.30pm, Cross Fit Waitakere - Fit & Fun
- Tues 17th July, 10.30am - 12.00pm, Pt Chev School - Athletics Accelerator Programme
- Wed 18th July, 4.30pm - 6.00pm, Parafed Auckland/Spinal Unit, Otara - Fit & Fun
- Thurs 19th July, 10.30am - 2.30pm, Wilson Home Trust, Takapuna - Wilson Home Trust Holiday Programme
- Fri 20th July, 10.30am - 12.00pm, Trusts Arena, Henderson - Athletics Accelerator Programme
WHERE & WHEN
How to sign up
Please fill out the following form to register for the programme. A member of our team will then be in touch to confirm your registration.
Phone: 09 270 2503, 021 084 90637